Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Monday, January 01, 2007

I'm sick, but now I have an excuse to be lazy!


"Good lord, are you having a bowel movement or a baby?"
-House

Hopefully, my cold is going away. I've been sneezing and unable to breathe through the nose for the past week, and therefore I've been unable to sleep because the insides of my nose are in pain from the dryness (I think) due to mucus not being able to flow freely to adequately lubricate.

Kim, who's in school to become a nurse, has had me carefully monitor the color of my snot. Green or yellow would indicate a sinus infection. Luckily, all is clear (pun intended).

Aside from the Sudafed, I've been keeping myself medicated with Season One of House. I might have a scratchy throat or a runny nose or a sinus headache, but at least I'm not one of House's patients, with their seizures, or their puking blood, or the skin-eating diseases, or the exploding testicle.

I'm uncomfortable, but at least my cure is some hot tea and bed rest rather than House's team of doctors brainstorming for a solution before I kick the bucket. While I'm stuck indoors, I'm especially relieved to have my House dvd's.

5 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

I watched seasons one and two of house in about a week...what a good week that was! Hope you feel better.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

I've watched season one dvd for house, now I'll have to get season two.

Anyway...Here's to your health, wherever you've misplaced it. Peace.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Dude, hope you feel tons better "right soon"!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

That show HOUSE is pretty funny. Although I might not want him to be my doctor. I think I might cry! haha HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Feel better!

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Hope you get better quickly. I love House. It is one of my favorite shows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home