Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Eve

"New Year's Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual."
-Mark Twain

I've never made an honest attempt at New Year's Resolutions. I often make New Year's Maybes, half-assed vows I make to myself and then forget about them less than a week later. Some of these futile resolutions have been:
1. Quit biting my nails (a filthy habit)
2. Start eating better
3. Get more exercise
4. Read more books that aren't total garbage...
...and the list goes on.

I think every week I make "weekend" resolutions. They usually go like this:

1. Clean my car
2. Do laundry
3. Finish my paper
4. Walk the dogs...
...and these usually dissolve--I forget, or I lose my motivation.

Maybe this year my resolution will be to regain that motivation--or only stick to resolutions I know will actually come to fruition. Here's one: Tonight, I will eat dinner.

Baby steps.

3 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Happy 007, Monsieur. How's that snow coming along? My father bites his nails -- uses some kind of polish that tastes horrible to keep from it.

My goals are moderate -- to be more moderate in those areas that need to be moderated, and fiercer in those areas that need to be fiercer.

Cheers'

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Danny Tagalog said...

Happy New Year, and I've got a list of 8 resolutions on my door which I'm determined not to ignore this time... otherwise 'time' will have its wicked way with me.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger mist1 said...

No dinner tonight for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home