Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Whoa! My modest apartment is effing HUGE!

" Decaffeinated coffee is the devil's blend. "
-Unknown

The holiday season, though stressful, does of course have its appeals. One of the more overlooked appeals is the holiday aftermath, when you realize that your home is much larger than you thought.

We usually put up the tree much much too early, and yet it comes down the day after Christmas. You never know how large your living room is until you remove the pine tree that has been taking up more space than your entertainment center for over a month.

It's a very bittersweet moment, that time when you can sit back, finally relax without being bombarded by red and green, and enjoy your numerous gifts. On the flip side, well, Christmas is over; time to go back to work, to pack away the ornaments, and to wait until next year for the yummies and gifts (it's also time to sit back and ponder just how much weight you've packed on since Halloween).

Next we have the New Year, a holiday I am certainly looking forward to. I haven't had New Year's Day off of work for some time, and this year I do. This means that I can actually stay up LATE on New Year's Eve. The problem is, I've gotten so used to getting up at 4:30 a.m. that "late" is usually no later than 10:00 p.m. Oh well, I guess it's a good thing that I work in a coffee shop. Looks like much of my New Year's Eve day shift will be spent getting over-caffeineated. Not a problem--I've been drinking coffee since sixth grade. I can slam the stuff like water (This isn't exactly something I'm proud of, by the way. Without coffee, I "jones" for it like a total addict).

2 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Danny Tagalog said...

Why take the tree down so early? Mine stays until New Year Dawns. Seems a pity to let that warm feeling the tree gives go so early??

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Decaf is the Devil's blend, indeed. From another coffee veteran, I know exactly where you're coming from on this one ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home