Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Oh, what a night

"This is some good loot."
-Me, tonight

I haven't been on Blogger for a couple of days now. Instead, I've been at work, last-minute Christmas shopping, and getting my cocker spaniel vaccinated for distemper. It turns out that a neighbor dog, one that was purchased from Animal Humane about a week ago, is dying from distemper, and when we were a little frightened to realize that Apple was exposed to the sick dog. Anyway, it's a long story, and luckily Apple seems OK healthwise. My fingers are crossed.

In other news, and in case you haven't noticed, today's Christmas Eve. So far, we've kicked ass when it comes to receiving presents. As of this evening, Kim and I have gotten kitchenware from my aunt Marcia and her lifemate Sarah, as well as P.J.s from Kim's grandparents and some wonderful, handknit scarves from my own Nana.

And now, I'm at home watching a South Park Christmas special from the past. Santa's wielding a shotgun and blasting away furry forest animals, Cartman's making fun of Jews, and some baby lions are performing abortions on Kyle. Oh, and did I mention the blood orgy. I have a terrible feeling that I'm going to hell. Oh well--it's been a good Christmas season, and it's not even Christmas Day yet.

6 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

awww! Hope your doggie is ok! Unfortunately I had some last minute shopping as well, oh the hell! Happy holidays!!!!

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Dr M said...

Hope your dog is okay, do let us know!

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Merry Christmas and congrats on the presents! Here's to the dog being okay!

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Merry Christmas, Monsieur Simon, and happy dazes plus a salute to James Brown ;) Cheers' E'

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

That was my favorite South Park of all time. Well, next to the NAMBLA one. It was one of those episodes where you cover your eyes and try not to watch...or to enjoy yourself.

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

By the way, I thought distemper was something that mostly affected very young dogs, puppies..dogs that weren't vaccinated. Am I mistaken?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home