Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Monday, December 25, 2006

Intestinal Discomfort

“Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity.”
-Voltaire

I don't think I've ever eaten so much. Last night, it was ham, mashed potatoes, cherries, little pickles, and beer at Kim's parents' house, followed by posole, carne adovado, and wine at my grandparents'. Today, it was manicotti, champagne, and cake at Kim's grandparents', followed by salad, prime rib, potatoes, and pie at my parents'. All of this was interspersed with constantly stuffing my face with Christmas sweets and snacks.

I'm uncomfortably full. It kind of sucks. But man, it was good. I don't know what it is about the holidays, but I can eat like a horse, nonstop. I'm a piggy, just give me a trough full of holiday meals. Yum.

Meanwhile, I got some excellent gifts this year, including a 32" HD television with surround-sound, "Final Draft" (a scriptwriting program for my computer), a gift certificate to one of my favorite breakfast spots, lots of stuff knitted by Nana (stuff that really transforms me into a big softy), lots of books, and the list goes on...As my brother phrases it, "there was a good haul this year."

Lot's of eating, lots of time with the family, and lots of cool stuff this year. I genuinely hope everybody else's holiday season has been just as enjoyable.

1 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

Tis the season to stuff yourself silly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home