Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Where'd the day go?

“Nothing irritates me more than chronic laziness in others. Mind you, it's only mental sloth I object to. Physical sloth can be heavenly.”
-Elizabeth Hurley

Yesterday was one of those days that I did absolutely nothing. My neighbor brought over his XBox 360 and we hooked it up to my brand new TV. After that, we played for hours, until my eyes were sore and my butt was asleep.

I can't imagine how little I'd accomplish if I owned a 360. I'm fascinated by WWII and WWII films, so if I had an XBox and Call of Duty 3 to go along with it, I think all of my muscles would atrophy (except for those in my hands that work the controllers).

I'm not even very good at video games. Yesterday, Brian, Chris, my brother and I played Halo 2. We played against each other, and somebody killed Brian. "Who was that?" he cried. Then he thought for a moment. "Well, I know it wasn't Simon."

I wonder how I spent an entire day doing something I'm not even good at.

4 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Erik Donald France said...

WWII films: I'm thrilled by the idea of Clint Eastwood's Letters from Iwo Jima -- I've long imagined doing something from the perspective of the Vietnamese on the Vietnam Wars. It's been a while since something as smartly conceived as Tora! Tora! Tora! or The Longest Day. I love movies that show different angles like that, that look for the universal human and not "our side GOOD" only.

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger Shionge said...

Oh what a day playing Xbox huh? Happy Blessed Year ahead!

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

I hear you on this one. After playing Prison Tycoon for the first time (hey, it was a Christmas gift), I had seven inmates badly beaten or dead. So much for being "the big man of the big house."

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Laura said...

My oldest boy lives for video games. Myself, I haven't cared much for video games since Atari was new and pacman was the newest addition to the video craze.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home