Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Sushi, With a Side of American Idol

Quote of the Day: "When a country has five percent of the world's population but spends fifty percent of the world's military spending, that country's persuasive power is in decline."
-Prince Nasir Al-Subaai, Syriana

Last night, I attempted to make sushi for the first time. I made California rolls and, lo and behold, they looked like California rolls! Next time, now that I've begun developing some confidence in my sushi-making skills, I shall attempt Caterpillar rolls...

In completely unrelated news (my mind is all over the place tonight), Halley Scarnato, the leggy one from American Idol, has been booted off of the show. So now we have to suffer through even more Sanjaya. Like Halley, the guy can't sing. But he doesn't have those legs either.

Simon's Current Obsessions:

The whole Don Imus debacle.
Such an icky, ugly situation. It's like a car wreck, and I can't look away.






Arrested Development
It took me long enought to finally rent the (sadly) cancelled show, and now I'm hooked. My God, I haven't laughed this hard since Sanjaya was sent to Hollywood.

1 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Laura said...

This season of American Idol has been so frustrating to me. I still can't believe that Sanjaya made it past the first week! What is the world coming to?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home