Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Homework Hell

Quote of the Day: "Explain the situation? Yes. 'Excuse me, sir, my friend was the one balling your wife couple of hours ago. Really sorry. He seems to have left his wallet behind. I was wondering if I come in, just poke around, I don't know.'"
Miles, Sideways

For once, I exhibited some self control last night. We purchased two bottles of wine, and both of them have remained unopened. I wish I could apply this same discipline to homework: The semester is quickly drawing to a close, and I've 15 pages of response papers due in Film Theory, as well as a seven-page paper for Women of the Bible, and a short story for Creative Writing (thankfully, this one I've started).

Meanwhile, I've got that wine sitting in my utility room, saying "C'mon, put it off for just one more night."

1 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just think, you'll be done in December. Keep looking on the great horizon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home