Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Burning Sensations

Quote of the Day: "You know, we're not the only ones destroying trees. What about beavers? You call yourself an environmentalist, why don't you go club a few beavers?"
-Lindsay, Arrested Development

Last week, after some extensive Yoga, Kim's calves hurt so much that she walked slowly with stiff, bow legs, like some kind of old cowboy. Naturally, I made lots of fun of her. This afternoon, my mocking of her came back to bite me in the ass.

You know that crushed red pepper you put on pizza? And it adds a nice bite? Well, my friend's grandfather grows habaneros, and with every year's harvest he dehydrates the peppers and makes a crushed, dried concoction much like the red peppers, only hotter. He gives me some every year.

This afternoon, I sprinkled some on my enchiladas and hash browns, making the meal spicy and even exotic. Then I took a leak. I must've had some habanero remnants on my hands.

Now I can't walk. I figured, since I'm not moving, this would be a good moment to write a post for my blog.

1 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

This one I get -- yoga is a KILLER!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home