Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Foggy Morning. And Ankle Injuries.

Quote of the Day: " The clouds are turnin' crimson
The leaves fall from the limbs an'
The branches cast their shadows over stone
Won't you meet me out in the moonlight alone?"
-Bob Dylan, "Moonlight"

I awoke before sunrise to some very eerie fog this morning. I couldn't see a foot in front of me. On the road, even headlights were difficult to see.

Albuquerque's weather is just getting odder and odder. It's been snowing lately, as well as raining...and it's the middle of April. It was freezing when I went out to my car, and I had to scrape off a layer of ice so I could see--not that it helped, for this fog even made other cars' headlights difficult to see.

Then, this afternoon, the sun came out and everything was warm and gorgeous, so much so that I put on some shorts and played some tennis. Then I violently rolled my ankle, and now I'm bedridden. I hate to say this, but I kind of hope it still hurts in the morning, and it looks painful and swollen. Why? Because then I would have and excuse to skip work on our busiest day!

So it's been a very surreal day. Would have been cool if the fog came yesterday. I like the idea of fog on Friday the 13th.

2 Comments:

At 5:58 AM, Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

I hate old Jon Carpenter movies like the Fog and Prince of Darkness cos tehy scared me to death as a kid

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Don't you just love climate change?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home