Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Breaking a Leg

Quote of the Day: "Last night i dreamt
That somebody loved me
No hope, no harm
Just another false alarm"
-The Smiths, "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me"

I have to act this semester. Thinking it was a literature class, I registered for English 421 (Roman Drama). Now I'm playing the part of the porter from Petronius's Satyricon.

I'm a writer. I'm film buff. I'm a neurotic mess and a drinker. I'm an English student, not a drama student, and I'm not an actor.

But oh well. At least in the scene we're performing, I'm a drunk porter. At least I can pretend I'm having fun.

5 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just imagine yourself naked on stage. Oh, wait. No. You're supposed to imagine the audience naked on stage, that's it. Or in their underpants. I can't remember. But good luck!

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger Erik Donald France said...

I'm no actor, either, but it sounds interesting. Just did a run through of The Trojan Women with a class. One kid put the chorus to music, which was pretty cool.

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if you are a drunk actor, you probably will end up drunk and on the stage! ;-)

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

awww! That sounds like fun. I love writing and reading... and the film industry is great. Perhaps you will find it intriguing and fun to be in roman drama this semester. Try new things!!!! Don't forget to have a stiff drink! haha take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home