Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Were You Like This When We First Met?


Quote of the Day: "You see life is like that. We change, that's all. You see, the guy I am now is not the guy I was then. If the guy I was then met the guy I am now he'd beat the shit out of me. Those are the facts."
-Stevo, SLC Punk!

An old coworker of mine, from my very first job, happened to get a job where I currently work. In my first job, this guy actually trained me and helped get me initially get acquainted with the restaurant industry.

Now, we once again work together in a kitchen. "I've been a cook for eleven years," he proudly claims to the other cooks. Unfortunately, he sucks.

He's slow. His food comes out looking terrible. And his attitude is awful. "I'm gonna punch him in the fucking neck," another coworker said to me today, after my old acquaintance accused him of being wrong about an omelet that, after 15 minutes, was no closer to the customer's table. Needless to say, my former acquaintance was wrong.

The worst thing about this whole situation is that my former acquaintance goes on and on about how he and I go way about, as if the two of us were best of friends. How embarrassing.

And yet I feel for the guy. I think he's trying. But, out of sympathy, I'd rather him get fired or quit than remain in the same kitchen. Is that bad?

4 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Great movie, great quote!

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger tkkerouac said...

Great blog and thumbnail.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Erik Donald France said...

I have yet to see SLC Punk, though it's been on my list for ages. Your situation seems very universal. A tough one to endure at times. Pray a rosary and hope for the best?

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

Its not Bad! Your in a tough situation. I had to work with a friend once as her supervisor and god she annoyed me cos she thought she could get away with things as we were so close. Luckily I left before I had to fire her...its sad as I think she would have disowened me had I done so, but sometimes you don't have a choice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home