Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Brains

Quote of the Day: "Ever hear the one about the joke with no punchline?"

I had a writing assignment to begin a short story with a brief summary of that story. So how does mine begin?

"When Samuel Morris turned sixty, he courageously went into the burning home of his neighbor, Rich Sedberry, in a valiant attempt to save him. Unfortunatlely, a burning rafter fell from the ceiling and crushed the head of Mr. Sedberry before Mr. Morris could save him. When the rafter fell on Mr. Sedberry’s head, brains spurted out and into Mr. Morris’s mouth. He contracted Hepatitus C."

Isn't that gross? What the hell is wrong with me?

3 Comments:

At 1:17 AM, Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

This could either be an increadible story or really really tragic....

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger mist1 said...

So, what's the punchline?

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just F.Y.I. Boone is about die. My dad is bummed and I think it's a horrible story. Not your version of it, the real story.

:-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home