Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Woe is Me


Quote of the Day: "But with every Jeep I see
My broken heart still skips a beat
I guess it's just my stupid luck
That all of Boston drives the same black fucking truck."
-The Dresden Dolls, "The Jeep Song"

When I was flipping through my journal earlier, I noticed that my writing had gotten very dark and sad. I thought, "Wow, I sound so emo." Maybe I should dye my hair black. I could shave my entire head except for my bangs, which I will grow long so they hang over one eyeliner-rimmed eye. I'll wear really tight black pants that will ensure I never father any children.

Wow, making fun of the whole Emo phenomenon really makes me feel better. I just smiled for the first time in a few days. Why? Because I'm not Emo, so I guess that means I'm allowed an occasional smile.

2 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Smile, you may be on candid camera. These vigils are getting to me ;)

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean you don't want to wear girl pants anymore?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home