Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

I Finally Remembered!

Quote of the Day: "I went to a restaurant that serves 'breakfast at any time.' So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance."
-Steven Wright

Today, I'm actually remembering my Thursday feature! Tomorrow, don't hesitate to return and read about today's anticlimactic visit to the ER that include lots of yawning and eavesdropping on far more interesting lives.

Anyway, here it is:

Simon's Current Obsessions:

Babel
Despite the contrivances--such as the American couple's children ending up in a similar international fiasco--this writer/director team (21 Grams, Amores Perros) prove that they are more than capable filmmakers. They know how to take a central image (or several) and manipulate it to its deepest effect.












Pastrami Burgers
Ate one at a bar recently. It changed my life almost as profoundly as puberty (minus the zits and despair).

2 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger mist1 said...

Why have I never heard of a pastrami burger? I think I need one.

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget your obsessions. What were you doing at the ER? As if that's anyone's business, but then you do have a blog, after all. :-) I hope you're OK.

A pastrami burger sounds gross.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home