Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Yesterday's Feature, Today

Quote of the Day: "Don't use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college."
-Kurt Vonnegut, "Here is a Lesson in Creative Writing"

I realized today that I forgot my Thursday feature on yesterday's post. In fact, I think I forgot it last week. Sorry.

So here it is.

Simon's Current Obsessions:

South Park: The Complete Ninth Season
Really, really disgusting. And really, really funny.










The Best American Non-Required Reading 2006
As always, a great collection. Thoroughly entertaining from the first page and on. It starts with a bang: the first story in the collection totally rocks.









The weather
Finally, the weather grew warmer. I played tennis today and yelled at some kids starting a fire in the park. Everybody's out enjoying the weather.

1 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger Beth said...

I love your quotation from Kurt Vonnegut.
(I also love Kurt Vonnegut.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home