Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

A St. Patty's Sandwich

Quote of the Day: ""Work is the curse of the drinking classes."
-Oscar Wilde

Well, I'm not sure of St. Patrick's significance, but I'm sure he was a fine lad so Happy St. Patrick's Day to everybody! Enjoy your green beer and corned beef and cabbage!

I was thinking that one year I'd like to break the mold ever so slightly by having a corned beef and cabbage sandwich. It's called a Reuben (I'm not sure if that's supposed to be capitalized or not). Actually, any excuse to eat a Reuben is fine with me. There is no such thing as a bad Reuben.

To tell the truth, I'm not just a Reuben fan, I'm a sandwich fan. My brother once declared himself the Sandwich King. Ha! I usurped the throne when he claimed that pickles would be terrible on a barbecue brisket sandwich.

Pickles make the barbecue sandwich. I piled my brisket and pickles onto the bun and cried out, "Call me Dagwood, bitch!"

2 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Love the quote. Happy St. Patrick's day!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger mist1 said...

That's one of my favorite quotes. I have a board of favorite quotes up above my desk because I am nerdy like that. This one is on there.

As well as:

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

-Tom Waits

 

Post a Comment

<< Home