Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Exhaustion Can Be Fun!

Quote of the Day: "I have always been a huge admirer of my own work. I'm one of the funniest and most entertaining writers I know."
-Mel Brooks

I had to be at work at five this morning, which is a shame because I stumbled to bed around one or one-thirty last night. When my alarm went off at four-thirty, I lay in bed pretending that it wasn't happening, that the sounds coming from my clock radio were just part of a terrible, terrible nightmare, until Kim finally pushed me out of bed.

Still in a drunken stupor, I arrived at work and did a very half-assed setup of the kitchen. It was my worst open ever, but I was tired and nobody can be at the top of their game every day. Plus, yesterday was St. Patrick's Day...

After a while, exhaustion took over and I became a giggly mess, clapping and singing "Karma Chameleon" in front of the restaurant's perplexed guests.

Thank God spring break is over. I don't think I could possibly survive another week of this. My back still hurts from sleeping on the bathroom tiles.

3 Comments:

At 2:09 AM, Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

There is nothing wrong with that - if I was there I would have joined in!

 
At 5:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suffer

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

I always thought that bathtubs were for sleeping.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home