Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Oops, I Did it Again...

Quote of the Day: "After all, what was adult life but one moment of weakness piled on top of another? Most people just fell in line like obedient little children, doing exactly what society expected of them at any given moment, all the while pretending that they'd actually made some sort of choice."
-Tom Perrotta, Little Children

First of all, I have to apologize for the Britney Spears reference in the title of the post. Don't worry, this isn't yet another Britney post (I've grown rather bored with her). What I've done yet again was forgotten that on Thursdays I include my current obsessions on my blog. If you haven't noticed, it's Friday.

I'm a terrible blogger. Anyway, here it is.

Simon's Current Obsessions:


Little Children, by Tom Perrotta
I bought it two days ago, and I'm halfway finished. The characters are so real, and I love the way suburban life is dissected and exposed in the novel. Great stuff, and nothing's more compelling than infidelity.











Starbuck's
As an English major, I'm supposed to frequent smaller, independent coffee houses. I'm a sellout. I can't help it--nothing beats a drive-up window when you need that drink that packs the caffeine equivalent of half a pot of coffee. Not even meth dealers have drive-up windows.







1 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger mist1 said...

I think you're hanging out in the wrong neighborhood. About 30 minutes from here, meth dealers have drive thrus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home