Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

I'm the type of dog owner you hate

Quote of the Day: "When your mind becomes obsessed with anything, you will filter everything else out and find that thing everywhere." Sal Robeson in Pi

A couple of months ago, we switched from canned to dry dog food. This week, we ran out of canned and had to switch to our leftover dry food, which my dachsund, though it was perfectly acceptable before we switched to canned, refused to eat.

The other night, she was so hungry that she laid on her back and moaned until we fed her some ham. Finally, we gave in and bought her a couple of cans of 'Ol Roy.

Unfortunately, 'Ol Roy is not her regular canned food. She timidly sniffed at the food and hesitantly gnawed at a chunk before she finally turned up her nose at the muck. I considered waiting until she got starved enough that she absolutely had to eat the dry stuff, but I'm not that strong. We got her the food she likes.

If I have kids and they get this spoiled, I'm giving them to the pound.

3 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank God I only give my kid dry dog food. That way he's used to the cheap stuff right off the bat. No fancy canned stuff for him.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

Hey, you're not as bad as the guy in my area who walked his girlfriend's dog along the side of his car. Turns out, he went a bit too fast and the dog couldn't keep up. Luckily, a few neighbors called the police. The dog suffered minor scrapes and bruises.

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

E calls me "soft-touch" cos the dogs can take practically anything off me... I can't help it they looks so cute and stuff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home