Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Back to School


Quote of the Day: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Today I began a new semester. So far, I've never attempted 18 hours (my max has been 16), but this semester I'm hoping to avoid summer school by cramming in everything that I need to graduate by next semester.

At least my classes are cool: I've got Women of the Bible, a class that focuses on the literary characters that have never been given their due. I'm also taking Roman Drama, which just sounds cool because we all know Greek drama, but not nearly as much of the hopefully equally-enriching Roman stuff. Of course, I'm taking my highly-anticipated fiction writing class, as well as an editing course that allows me to work on a literary magazine. Um, lessee, what am I missing? Oh, film theory and, just for kicks, Fundamentals of Human Sexuality.

So, I'm in for a lot of work, but it all sounds pretty fun (Dude, Fundamentals of Human Sexuality!) Never have I been so excited for a health class.

4 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Sounds like you've got a full load for this semester. Good luck with all your classes. Actually, the Fundamentals of Human Sexuality class sounds like it could be very interesting.

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dude. I can't remember a thing you wrong in this post. My mind is totally on that picture.

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

they make you go to summer school in uni?

how wrong is that!

 
At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck, get rest, and don't work too hard.
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home