Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Tagged

"Too weird to live and too rare to die."
-Hunter Thompson

I just remembered that some time ago I was tagged by Laura. So, tomorrow I'll be giving a summary of the Filmmakers Convention. As for today, here's 6 weird things about Simon Oliver Thomsen:

1. (and you may already be aware of this) I'm petrified of public restrooms.

2. I'm obsessed with crap TV: Flavor of Love, Girls Next Door, Grey's Anatomy, etc. At least I can admit that they're bad. I like to give them the MST3K treatment (fans of Mystery Science Theater may know what I'm talking about.

3. I'm a cook and can appreciate good food as well as distinguish between good and bad meals, yet I still have a weak spot for ramen. I can't help it.

4. I'm prematurely balding. Yes, at 22, I've got a widow's peak *sigh*

5. I love taking the bus around town. I find it absolutely terrifying and thrilling at the same time. Like a slow-moving rollercoaster (with odd smells and odder people).

6. And, lastly, I have a crush on the female silent film stars. Especially Joan Crawford and Georgia Hale. Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston, despite what Brad might think, have nothing on these girls.

So there it is. Six quirky things about yours truly.

7 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger mist1 said...

I know a few guys that like silent girls. I'm not their type.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ramen noodles are a culinary delight. They just happen to be a butt cheap culinary delight.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

Hey, I like silent girls too.

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

Your right Angelina and Jennifer have nothing on the stars of old. I personally think Audrey Hepburn the most beautiful actress to ever grace the screen.

What wrong with Ramen, home made broth, good fresh veg, home made noodles and maybe some fish...yummy..I'm cooking Ramen tonight.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Good job. Silent girls, you must spend alot of time alone. ha ha.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Anything before the dumb Hollywood Production Codes came into full effect in the '30s is way cool. I like the talkies of that period even better. One of my faves is Golddiggers of 1933. Bus rides, eh? That's about all Detroit offers in the way of public transportation -- unless you try the whimsical People Mover downtown :->

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

Interesting list. I've recently gotten into silent films as well. Horror films though. I recently had a chance to watch Hexan. A little Halloween present to myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home