Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Another editing frenzy

"This scene didn't actually make it to the final cut. I'm sure it'll be on the DVD."
-Steve Coogan as Tony Wilson on 24 Hour Party People

So, tonight's the night. Our script is finally getting it's stage reading. I slept very little last night, following a four-hour long editing frenzy. A little last minute, I know, but after Monday's table read, our screenwriting professor came up with a ton of "suggestions" for improving the script, and we left the read mumbling curses and resenting the fact that we'd even entered the damn contest in the first place.

But, after our tinkering with the script last night, it reads far better and I've had to admit that our professor was right.

And with that, I'll have to sign off. I've homework to turn in before tonight's event.

5 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

its great when a teacher can actually help on a project!

good luck.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Jo said...

You have a great blog. I see you're interested in film. One of my favorite movies is "A History of Violence". I don't know why, but I think it's a great movie. Also "The Matador".

Cheers,
Josie

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Hope all went dazzlingly for you, Simon. Cheers and congrats!

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

Good luck with the script

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Bird on a Wire said...

Thanks Josie. That means alot. Haven't seen The Matador yet (though I want to), but I do love A History of Violence as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home