Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Cocktail Hour














“I drink too much. The last time I gave a urine sample it had an olive in it.”
-Rodney Dangerfield

I have a fantastic margarita recipe.

My father moved here to New Mexico some 20 or 30 years ago, and he made a living cooking at a then-popular Mexican restaurant. Before the restaurant's owners got sucked into the world of franchising and corporate whoring, they had an impressive signature margarita. Dad, the culinary artist and (at the time) heavy drinker, refined this recipe and eventually passed it to me. Over the past few years, I have refined the recipe even more, and I encourage you to do the same.

These margaritas are the perfect, albeit dangerous, addition to any social gathering, large or small. I memorized the recipe so I could burn the hard copies and never share my secret, but what fun is that? So, here it is, a margarita recipe that won't disappoint. But be careful, they're "sleepers."

First, mix the following in a pitcher:

2 cups tequila
3-4 cups water (make it closer to 4, unless you want to end up on the floor before your guests arrive.
1 cup sweet and sour CONCENTRATE (preverably Tavern)
1/3 cup Triple Sec
1/4 cup ROSE'S lime juice (and no more than 1/4 cup)

Blend these ingredients with minimal ice, making it nice and foamy. Serve on ice in glasses rimmed in Kosher salt. Serve with a lime wedge and a straw. Enjoy!

For a twist, try blending frozen fruit (I recommend strawberries) with the rest of the ingredients and proceed as usual.

1 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I like the picture. Thanks for the recipe. I'll have to show my daughter, Sheila. She loves Margaritas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home