Dispatches from Suburbia

If I played an instrument, I would have a band called "The Simon Thomsen Sex Tape"; and other musings, rants, and disconnected ramblings.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

An Introduction

Other than a simple myspace excursion, I've never taken a very aggressive approach to blogging before--in fact I'm not really sure what the word "blog" means. It sounds like another word for burp or fart (dog blogs are awful), but I figure that I could give it a try. This will simultaneously introduce me to the world of online, public journals and help me get over my technophobia.
I do not live in a suburb, but I'm attracted the concept of glossy exteriors and questionable interiors (I've worked on a television script that focuses on fairly wealthy suburban high school with pretty students after they've experienced a Columbine-style shooting). Hence the title of my "blogspot," "Dispatches from Suburbia." I like the juxtaposition of a battlefield notion and the traditional, American family lifestyle. I loathe violence, but I can't help but feel compelled by it.
Anyway, give me a couple of days to figure this site out, and I'll soon return with more interesting material.

1 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Wecome to the world of Blogging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home